In SearchBlox HTTP Collection there are three important fields in path settings
- Root Path
- Allow Path
- Disallow Path
- In the root path, we should provide the exact root URL from where the crawling has to start. We can otherwise call this the start URL.
- URL patterns should not be provided in the root path.
- The root path should have the complete path including the protocol. On copying and pasting the URL in the address bar, the link should go to the required page where crawling is supposed to start.
- If the root path gets redirected to some other URL, please give the redirected URL in the root path or provide the same in allow path for successful indexing.
- SearchBlox supports only HTTP and HTTPS protocols in WEB collection. No other protocol would be supported.
SearchBlox does not support
- regex patterns cannot be provided in the root path. regex prefixes are not supported
Allow path ensures that the crawling/indexing includes a particular domain or path based on the path or regex provided
Provide complete path to include a domain
Provide subpath or folder to include that subpath in indexing
to limit indexing to a particular suffix or end of URL string
Disallow path ensures that the crawling/indexing excludes a particular domain or path based on the path or regex provided
Provide complete path to exclude a domain
Provide subpath or folder to exclude that subpath in indexing
to exclude indexing to a particular suffix or end of URL string
Basic regular expressions in GNU regular expression libraries can be used to allow and disallow paths.
Updated 19 days ago