A MongoDB collection can be created using the following steps:
- After logging in to the Admin Console, select the Collections tab and click on Create a New
Collection or "+" icon.
- Choose MongoDB Collection as Collection Type
- Enter a unique name for your collection (for example, MongoDB).
- Choose Private/Public Collection Access and Collection Encryption as per the requirements.
- Click Save to create the collection.
- Once the MongoDB collection is created you will be taken to the MongoDB tab
- MongoDB settings values must be set explicitly for MongoDB collections.
- The mandatory settings for MongoDB collection are
- Host Name
- Port Number
- MongoDB Type
- MongDB Database Name
- MongoDB Database Collection
- SearchBlox also comes pre-configured with few parameters when a new MongoDB collection is created which can be modified as required.
- The following table has the list of settings available in MongoDB collection
|Host Name||IP address or name of the MongoDB host (default value is localhost).|
|Port Number||Port number of MongoDB.|
|MongoDB Type||Default value is local.|
|User Name||User name in MongoDB (leave the username and password fields empty if no username is available).|
|Password||Password used in MongoDB.|
|MongoDB Database Name||Database name to be indexed.|
|MongoDB Database Collection||Collection to be indexed.|
|Fetch Size||Specifies the maximum number of records that can be fetched from the database at a time. The default is 100.|
|Relevance - Stemming||Stemming considers the inflected words of the root form within the search page. For example, "running", "runs", and "ran" are all inflected forms of run. The default is YES.|
|Relevance - Spelling Suggestions||Provide spelling suggestions for the collection. The default is YES.|
|Keyword-in-Context Display||The keyword-in-context returns search results with the description displayed from content areas where the search term occurs.|
|Enable Detailed Log Settings||When debug mode is enabled, indexing activity gets logged in detail within the index.log.|
Log details include : Indexing status of each URL along with timestamp, URL indexing status along with timestamp, status code and time taken for indexing. By default this is set to NO.
|Enable Content API||Provides the ability to crawl the document content with special characters included.|
Sets the frequency and the start date/time for indexing a collection. Schedule Frequency supported in SearchBlox is as follows:
- Every 48 Hours
- Every 96 Hours
The following operations can be performed in a MongoDB collection:
|Schedule||For each collection, indexing can be scheduled based on the above options.|
Using Data Fields tab we can create custom fields for search and we can see the Default Data Fields with non-encrypted collection. SearchBlox supports 4 types of Data Fields as listed below:
- Once the Data fields are configured, collection must be cleared and re-indexed to take effect.
To know more about Data Fields please refer to Data Fields Tab
- Please cross-check the steps to set up MongoDB in our documentation with your MongoDB admin for successful indexing of collection
- Specify the correct and relevant settings of MongoDB in the MongoDB collection settings
- If you have multiple collections, always schedule the activity to prevent more than 2-3 collections indexing at the same time.
Updated 5 months ago