A MongoDB collection can be created using the following steps:
- After logging in to the Admin Console, select the Collections tab and click on Create a New
Collection or "+" icon.
- Choose MongoDB Collection as Collection Type
- Enter a unique name for your collection (for example, MongoDB).
- Choose Private/Public Collection Access and Collection Encryption as per the requirements.
- Click Save to create the collection.
- Once the MongoDB collection is created you will be taken to the MongoDB tab
- MongoDB settings values must be set explicitly for MongoDB collections.
- The mandatory settings for MongoDB collection are
- Host Name
- Port Number
- MongoDB Type
- MongDB Database Name
- MongoDB Database Collection
- SearchBlox also comes pre-configured with few parameters when a new MongoDB collection is created which can be modified as required.
- The following table has the list of settings available in MongoDB collection
IP address or name of the MongoDB host (default value is localhost).
Port number of MongoDB.
Default value is local.
User name in MongoDB (leave the username and password fields empty if no username is available).
Password used in MongoDB.
MongoDB Database Name
Database name to be indexed.
MongoDB Database Collection
Collection to be indexed.
Specifies the maximum number of records that can be fetched from the database at a time. The default is 100.
Relevance - Stemming
Stemming considers the inflected words of the root form within the search page. For example, "running", "runs", and "ran" are all inflected forms of run. The default is YES.
Relevance - Spelling Suggestions
Provide spelling suggestions for the collection. The default is YES.
The keyword-in-context returns search results with the description displayed from content areas where the search term occurs.
Enable Detailed Log Settings
When debug mode is enabled, indexing activity gets logged in detail within the index.log.
Sets the frequency and the start date/time for indexing a collection. Schedule Frequency supported in SearchBlox is as follows:
- Every 48 Hours
- Every 96 Hours
The following operations can be performed in a MongoDB collection:
For each collection, indexing can be scheduled based on the above options.
Using Data Fields tab we can create custom fields for search and we can see the Default Data Fields with non-encrypted collection. SearchBlox supports 4 types of Data Fields as listed below:
- Once the Data fields are configured, collection must be cleared and re-indexed to take effect.
To know more about Data Fields please refer to Data Fields Tab
- Please cross-check the steps to set up MongoDB in our documentation with your MongoDB admin for successful indexing of collection
- Specify the correct and relevant settings of MongoDB in the MongoDB collection settings
- If you have multiple collections, always schedule the activity to prevent more than 2-3 collections indexing at the same time.
Updated 3 months ago