Before using Box Connector, install SearchBlox successfully and create a Custom Collection.
- Please go to dev console after logging in Box
- After opening Dev console create a new app
- Create a custom app
- Select the third option “Standard OAuth 2.0 (User Authentication)”
- Create App
- When checking App configuration, please note down client ID and client Secret. These values have to be provided in box_connector.yml file
- Provide a redirect URI. Please use localhost and give a free port say 8085.
- Save Changes
- All the files related to the connector should be available in the same folder that is, all files should be extracted into the same folder.
- Create a data folder on your drive where the files would be temporarily stored and mention in yml files.
Contact [email protected] to request the download link for SearchBlox Box connector. The following steps include the example paths for both Windows as well as Linux. In Windows, the connector would be installed in the C drive. In Linux, the connector has to be installed in /opt.
- Download the SearchBlox Box connector. Extract the downloaded zip to a folder.
- Unzip the archive under C:* or /opt*.
In Linux, make sure that necessary permissions have been provided to the folder /opt by using the CHMOD command for writing log files and executing jar files.
- Configure the boxconnector.yml file which includes Box properties and SearchBlox properties as listed here:
Box application User Name
Box application Password
Data Folder where the data needs to be stored. Make sure it has write permission.
SearchBlox API Key
The name of the custom collection in SearchBlox.
Box Authorization URL
Box API token URL
Box redirect URI
Box App Client ID
Box App Client Secret
Folders to exclude in Box.
Maximum size of static folder after which it should be sweeped in MB.
servlet url & delete-api-url:
Make sure that the port number is right. If your SearchBlox runs in 8080 port the URLs should be right.
Megabytes after which new file is created
Number of backups after which log file should be deleted
Number of days after which log files should be deleted
- The content details of boxconnector.yml are provided here:
#SearchBlox API Key api-key: 6632F05E4FA1E9B205B3482706A4CFBD #The name of the collection colname: box #The box username username: [email protected] #Box password password: password #SearchBlox URL url: http://localhost:8080/searchblox/rest/v2/api/ #Data Folder where the data needs to be stored Make sure it has write permission data-directory: C:\CONNECTORS\box\data #megabytes after which new file is created log-file-maxSize: 10 #number of backups after which log file should be deleted log-file-maxBackups: 10 #Number of days after which log files should be deleted log-file-maxAge: 30 #The Excluded folders wont be indexed. Note:no trailing or leading slashes Eg: test/searchblox exclude-folders: [connector,check,test] #searchblox servlet url for auto delete functionality servlet-url: http://localhost:8080/searchblox/servlet/SearchServlet #searchblox delete api url for auto delete functionality delete-api-url: http://localhost:8080/searchblox/api/rest/docdelete #box authorization url authURL: https://app.box.com/api/oauth2/authorize #box api token url tokenURL: https://app.box.com/api/oauth2/token #box redirect uri redirectUrl: http://localhost:8085/handle #box app client id clientId: nyphvmogfnk3edfdypazt6dwfdplu7qdgo4uz #box app client secret clientSecret: zSmm9S7PukMTdf50uDQHfzacssaqhcCxCFLWf ##box connector port port: 8085
- Start running the box_connector.exe file for Windows and ./box_linux32 or ./box_linux64 in Linux
Updated about a month ago