- Download the build for Windows.
- Run the installer, then follow the wizard to install the application on your C: drive.
- Right-click C:\SearchBloxServer\startSearchBlox and select Run as Administrator to start the application. Choose Yes on the user account pop-up to start SearchBlox successfully.
- Go to http://localhost:8080/searchblox/admin/main.jsp in your browser, accept the license agreement.
- Give the username as admin
- You will receive a custom password the first time you log in, after you accept the license agreement (for versions 8.6.1 and later). Use the custom password to log in, then store or change the password for future logins.
- By default, there will be one HTTP collection with the root URL http://edition.cnn.com, which can be updated. You can index a collection by clicking the Index button from the dashboard or the Index sub-tab.
- Click on the DashBoard sub-tab under Collections to view the indexing status.
- SearchBlox will run with a free license by default, which only allows you to use one collection. To add another collection, delete the existing one and create another.
- Go to http://localhost:8080/searchblox/search.jsp or http://localhost:8080/searchblox/plugin/index.html to start searching.
- Follow the instructions here to enable basic authentication: https://searchblox.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/213028066-How-to-enable-basic-authentication-in-Searchblox-windows-server.
JDK version 8 is required for service installation.
Download JDK 8 from Oracle Java.
- Go to the C:\SearchBlox Server\services\bat\ folder within the SearchBlox installation.
- Right click the installService.bat file and run as Administrator.
- Alternatively, you can start the service from the Control Panel > Administrative Services > Services panel in Windows.
- Once you see the message "The service has started", wait for few seconds then go to http://localhost:8080/searchblox/admin/main.jsp and accept the license agreement.
- Log in to the admin console using the credentials below:
You can also install SearchBlox as a service from a different drive or location using these steps:
- Edit the file ..\SearchBlox Server\services\conf\wrapper.conf and change the value for searchblox_home=C:\SearchBlox Server\ to the deployed location. Use the double slash in the path.
- Set the Java Environment variable for the location (eg: D: drive or E: drive).
- Set the SearchBlox Environment variable using the steps below (This may be required in few systems)
1. Go to Control Panel -> System and Security 2. Select Advanced System Settings 3. Select Environmental Variable 4. Under System Variables Select PATH and click EDIT 5. Click New to add new path 6. And add “D:\SearchBloxServer\services\bat”
- Run installService.bat from D:\SearchBlox Server\services\bat to install.
- Run the service.
- Check the logs in the SearchBlox server to verify that Searchblox has started successfully the first time.
- To remove the service, run uninstallService.bat.
|Installing MacOS X|