- Install Java JDK 11
- After installation please make sure that environment variable for Java is set. Otherwise, set it manually by providing Java bin path in path variable in Environment settings as below:
Note: If there are other java versions installed in the system, please remove the references from the path variable.
To check please give java -version in command prompt. You should get the response as below
- Please set JAVA_HOME as in the external help link
Please make sure to set JAVA_HOME as system variable if you want to run Elasticsearch as service in your system.
- Download the build for Windows.
- Run the installer, then follow the wizard to install the application on your C: drive.
- First Start Elasticsearch by running C:\SearchBloxServer\elasticsearch\bin\elasticsearch.bat manually.
Kindly note that this is mandatory for SearchBlox to run.
- Check whether you are able to access elasticsearch using link
- Once you start elasticsearch successfully, start running SearchBlox by running the executable C:/SearchBloxServer/StartSearchBlox.exe
It might take a few minutes for SearchBlox to start
- Go to http://localhost:8080/searchblox/admin/main.jsp in your browser, accept the license agreement.
- Give the username as admin
- You will receive a custom password the first time you log in, after you accept the license agreement. Use the custom password to log in, then store or change the password for future logins.
- By default, there will be one HTTP collection with the root URL http://edition.cnn.com, which can be updated. You can index a collection by clicking the Index button from the dashboard or the Index sub-tab.
- Click on the DashBoard sub-tab under Collections to view the indexing status.
- SearchBlox will run with a free license by default, which only allows you to use one collection. To add another collection, delete the existing one and create another.
- Go to http://localhost:8080/searchblox/search.jsp or http://localhost:8080/searchblox/plugin/index.html to start searching.
- Follow the instructions here to enable basic authentication: https://searchblox.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/213028066-How-to-enable-basic-authentication-in-Searchblox-windows-server.
JDK version 11 is required for running SearchBlox and for service installation.
Download JDK 11 from Oracle Java.
- Set JAVA_HOME as mentioned earlier in the prerequisites
- Open command prompt go to C:\SearchBloxServer\elasticsearch\bin and run the following command
- Go to the C:\SearchBloxServer\services\bat\ folder within the SearchBlox installation.
- Right-click the installService.bat file and run as Administrator. This will install the service.
- You can start the service from the Control Panel > Administrative Services > Services panel in Windows. You can also start the service by running C:\SearchBloxServer\services\bat\startservices.bat
Please make sure that Elasticsearch (service or bat file) is running before starting searchblox service i.e., https://<IP>:9200 is accessible.
- Once you see the message "The service has started", wait for few seconds then go to http://localhost:8080/searchblox/admin/main.jsp and accept the license agreement.
- Login to the admin console
You can also install SearchBlox as a service from a different drive or location using these steps:
- Edit the file ..\SearchBlox Server\services\conf\wrapper.conf and change the value for searchblox_home=C:\SearchBlox Server\ to the deployed location. Use the double slash in the path.
- Set the Java Environment variable for the location (eg: D: drive or E: drive).
- Set the SearchBlox Environment variable using the steps below (This may be required in few systems)
1. Go to Control Panel -> System and Security 2. Select Advanced System Settings 3. Select Environmental Variable 4. Under System Variables Select PATH and click EDIT 5. Click New to add new path 6. And add “D:\SearchBloxServer\services\bat”
- Run installService.bat from D:\SearchBlox Server\services\bat to install.
- Run the service.
- Check the logs in the SearchBlox server to verify that SearchBlox has started successfully the first time.
- To remove the service, run uninstallService.bat.
To uninstall SearchBlox,
- stop the service
- Go to the C:\SearchBlox Server\services\bat\ folder within the SearchBlox installation and uninstall the service by running uninstallService.bat
- Run **C:\SearchBlox Server\uninstall.exe" to uninstall the application
- Make sure to delete all the files within C:\SearchBloxServer for clean uninstall
Updated about a month ago