- Install OpenJDK 11 on Linux prior to installing SearchBlox, and ensure it uses the default Java runtime. You can install OpenJDK 11 by running the following command:
sudo yum install java-11-openjdk-devel
- If wget is not installed please install the same using the command below
yum install wget
- Verify the installation by giving the command
- Please login as root using sudo su if you are not the root user.
- Create a SearchBlox user
sudo adduser searchblox sudo passwd searchblox
- SearchBlox has to be installed in /opt folder, so change directory to /opt
- Download SearchBlox rpm package
sudo wget https://d2fco3ozzrfhhd.cloudfront.net/v9.0.0/searchblox-9.0.0-1.noarch.rpm
- Install the rpm package
sudo rpm -ivh searchblox-9.0.0-1.noarch.rpm
- Change permission for few folders
sudo chown -R searchblox:searchblox /opt/searchblox sudo chmod -R 777 /opt/searchblox/logs sudo chmod -R 777 /opt/searchblox/elasticsearch/logs sudo chmod -R 777 /opt/searchblox/bin
- Increase the map count to run Elasticsearch without issues.
Elasticsearch also requires the ability to create many memory-mapped areas. The maximum map count check checks that the kernel allows a process to have at least 262,144 memory-mapped areas and is enforced on Linux only. To pass the maximum map count check, you must configure vm.max_map_count via sysctl to be at least 262144.
sysctl -w vm.max_map_count=262144
- Run/start Elasticsearch and SearchBlox services
systemctl start sbelastic systemctl start searchblox
- To stop Elasticsearch and SearchBlox services use the commands below
systemctl stop sbelastic systemctl stop searchblox
To uninstall SearchBlox, please use the below command:
yum remove searchblox
Default Port 8080
Note:The default port would be 8080 and It will not run in port 80
Additional Tip on Configuring Hosts
- Check if the /etc/hosts file has an entry for the assigned IP address and hostname. Restart the server once that is set up.
- vi /etc/hostname
- Go to http://localhost:8080/searchblox/admin/main.jsp in your browser, accept the license agreement
- Give the username as admin
- You will see a temp password displayed the first time you go to the login page, after accepting the license agreement. Use the temp password to log in, then store or change the password for future login.
- By default, there will be one HTTP collection with the root URL http://www.cnn.com, which can be updated if required. You can index a collection by clicking the index button from the dashboard or the Index sub-tab.
- Click on the DashBoard sub-tab under Collections to view the indexing status.
- SearchBlox will run with a free license, by default, which allows you to use one collection only. To add another collection, delete the existing one and create another.
- Go to http://localhost:8080/searchblox/search.jsp or http://localhost:8080/searchblox/plugin/index.html to start searching.