Now SearchBlox can run inside a Docker container. Kindly note that the latest version of centos is used as a base image.
FROM centos:latest RUN yum update -y RUN yum install java-11-openjdk-devel -y RUN yum install -y curl RUN yum install -y wget WORKDIR /opt/ RUN adduser searchblox RUN echo "searchblox:searchblox" | chpasswd RUN wget https://d2fco3ozzrfhhd.cloudfront.net/v9.1/searchblox-9.1-0.noarch.rpm RUN rpm -ivh searchblox-9.1-0.noarch.rpm RUN chown -R searchblox:searchblox /opt/searchblox RUN chmod -R 777 /opt/searchblox/logs RUN chmod -R 777 /opt/searchblox/elasticsearch RUN chmod -R 777 /opt/searchblox/bin USER searchblox WORKDIR /opt/searchblox/elasticsearch CMD ./bin/elasticsearch -d && sleep 30 && cd /opt/searchblox && java -jar start.jar
- Build docker image using the following command
docker build –t <image-name>:<tag-name> .
- Run the docker image with the following command
docker run –p 8083:8080 <image-name>:<tag-name>
Here –p is used to expose the port outside;
Example- In the above command 8080 is the internal port number and 8083 is the externally accessible port number.
Note: To run multiple instances we can change the external port number and run the docker image; Example: docker run –p 8084:8080 <image-name>:<tag-name> This will start a different instance on port number 8084
- We can open the console with the following link once the searchblox starts
- Accept the license agreement.
- Give the username as admin
- You will receive a custom password the first time you log in, after you accept the license agreement (for versions 8.6.1 and later). Use the custom password to log in, then store or change the password for future logins.
- By default, there will be one HTTP collection with the root URL http://edition.cnn.com, which can be updated. You can index a collection by clicking the Index button from the dashboard or the Index sub-tab.
- Click on the DashBoard sub-tab under Collections to view the indexing status.
- SearchBlox will run with a free license by default, which only allows you to use one collection. To add another collection, delete the existing one and create another.
- Note your IP address in admin page, get your license from SearchBlox using the IP, upload the license, start creating collections and use SearchBlox.
Updated about a month ago