Before using the Zendesk Connector, install SearchBlox successfully, then create a Custom Collection.
- All the files related to the connector should be available in the same folder that is, all files should be extracted into the same folder.
Please contact [email protected] to request the download link for Zendesk connector.
In Windows, the files related to connector can be installed in the C:\ drive in Windows, in Linux it can be installed in /opt
- Download the SearchBlox Zendesk connector. Extract the downloaded zip to a folder.
- Unzip the archive under C:* or /opt*. Please find the screenshot on the extracted files in the following:
- The extracted files would be an executable based on your OS and a yml file
- Configure the zendesk.yml file which includes Zendesk properties and SearchBlox properties as listed in the following:
|username||Zendesk Account Username|
|password||Zendesk Account Password|
|scroll-type||Value of this field has to be :|
1 to index articles
2 to index tickets
|api-key||SearchBlox API Key|
|colname||The name of the custom collection in SearchBlox.|
|max-folder-size||Maximum size of static folder after which it should be sweeped in MB.|
|servlet url||SearchBlox Servlet URL.|
Make sure that the port number is right. If your SearchBlox runs in 8080 port the URLs should be right.
- The content details of zendesk.yml are provided here:
#SearchBlox API Key api-key: B6684C26371C657C81E7D1853BB89F70 #The name of the collection colname: zendeskarticles #zendesk domain without trailing slash domain: https://test123.zendesk.com #Zendesk Username username: [email protected] #Zendesk Password password: testa1g2e5 #SearchBlox URL #SearchBlox URL url: http://localhost/searchblox/rest/v2/api/ #maximum size of static folder aftre which it should be sweeped in MB max-folder-size: 10 #megabytes after which new file is created log-file-maxSize: 10 #number of backups after which log file should be deleted log-file-maxBackups: 10 #Number of days after which log files should be deleted log-file-maxAge: 30 #searchblox servlet url for auto delete functionality servlet-url: http://localhost/searchblox/servlet/SearchServlet #mention 1 for indexing articles and 2 for indexing tickets scroll-type: 1
- Please make sure to give the API key, collection name, data folder path and zendesk credentials and other related properties.
- Start running the zendesk.exe file for Windows and ./zendesk_linux for Linux
Updated over 2 years ago