Before using the Zendesk Connector, install SearchBlox successfully, then create a Custom Collection.
- All the files related to the connector should be available in the same folder that is, all files should be extracted into the same folder.
Please contact [email protected] to request the download link for Zendesk connector.
In Windows, the files related to connector can be installed in the C:\ drive in Windows, in Linux it can be installed in /opt
- Download the SearchBlox Zendesk connector. Extract the downloaded zip to a folder.
- Unzip the archive under C:* or /opt*. Please find the screenshot on the extracted files in the following:
- The extracted files would be an executable based on your OS and a yml file
- Configure the zendesk.yml file which includes Zendesk properties and SearchBlox properties as listed in the following:
|Zendesk Account Username
|Zendesk Account Password
|Value of this field has to be :
1 to index articles
2 to index tickets
|SearchBlox API Key
|The name of the custom collection in SearchBlox.
|Maximum size of static folder after which it should be sweeped in MB.
|SearchBlox Servlet URL.
Make sure that the port number is right. If your SearchBlox runs in 8080 port the URLs should be right.
- The content details of zendesk.yml are provided here:
#SearchBlox API Key
#The name of the collection
#zendesk domain without trailing slash
username: [email protected]
#maximum size of static folder aftre which it should be sweeped in MB
#megabytes after which new file is created
#number of backups after which log file should be deleted
#Number of days after which log files should be deleted
#searchblox servlet url for auto delete functionality
#mention 1 for indexing articles and 2 for indexing tickets
- Please make sure to give the API key, collection name, data folder path and zendesk credentials and other related properties.
- Start running the zendesk.exe file for Windows and ./zendesk_linux for Linux
Updated over 3 years ago