Before using Alfresco Connector, install SearchBlox successfully and create a Custom Collection.
- All the files related to the connector should be available in the same folder that is, all files should be extracted into the same folder.
- Create a data folder on your drive where the files would be temporarily stored and mention in yml files.
- In the connector settings that is, yml file you need to provide the correct Alfresco url with correct IP and port number. Please check your Alfresco application for the correct details.
Contact [email protected] to request the download link for SearchBlox Alfresco connector. The following steps include the example paths for both Windows as well as Linux. In Windows, the connector would be installed in the C drive. In Linux, the connector has to be installed in /opt.
- Download the SearchBlox Alfresco connector. Extract the downloaded zip to a folder.
- Unzip the archive under C:* or /opt*.
In Linux, make sure that necessary permissions have been provided to the folder /opt by using the CHMOD command for writing log files and executing jar files.
- Configure the alfresco.yml file which includes Alfresco properties and SearchBlox properties as listed in the following:
Data Folder where the data needs to be stored. Make sure it has write permission.
SearchBlox API Key
The name of the custom collection in SearchBlox.
Alfresco URL from which the content is extracted for indexing
Alfresco URL to view Alfresco in a new window
File formats to exclude.
Folders to exclude in Alfresco.
Maximum size of static folder after which it should be sweeped in MB.
servlet url & delete-api-url:
Make sure that the port number is right. If your SearchBlox runs in 8080 port the URLs should be right.
- The content details of alfresco.yml are provided here:
#User credentials username: admin password: admin #Data Folder where the data needs to be stored Make sure it has write permission data-directory: C:\CONNECTORS\alfresco\data #SearchBlox API Key api-key: 8DCDD7D219DD32C94233C8AD31318D94 #The name of the collection colname: custom #SearchBlox URL url: http://localhost:8080/searchblox/rest/v2/api/ #Alfresco URL alfrescourl: http://localhost:8081/alfresco/api/-default-/public/alfresco/versions/1/nodes alfrescoviewurl: http://localhost:8081/alfresco/service/api/node/content/workspace/SpacesStore #The Excluded formats wont be indexed exclude-formats: [.war,.zip,.tar.gz] #The Excluded folders wont be indexed. Note:no trailing or leading slashes Eg: test/searchblox exclude-folders: [Data Dictionary,Guest Home,Imap Attachments,IMAP Home,User Homes,swsdp] servlet-url: http://localhost:8080/searchblox/servlet/SearchServlet #maximum size of static folder aftre which it should be sweeped in MB max-folder-size: 2 delete-api-url: http://localhost:8080/searchblox/api/rest/docdelete
- Start running the alfrescoConnector.exe file for Windows and ./alfrescoConnector or ./alfrescoConnector_linux32 in Linux
Updated almost 2 years ago