Before using the GitHub Connector, SearchBlox has to be installed and set up successfully. Then create a Custom Collection.
- All the files related to the connector should be available in the same folder that is, all files should be extracted into the same folder.
- Create a data folder on your drive where the files would be temporarily stored and mention in yml files.
Contact [email protected] to request the download link for SearchBlox Github connector. The following steps include the example paths for both Windows as well as Linux. In Windows, the connector would be installed in the C drive. In Linux, the connector has to be installed in /opt.
- Download the SearchBlox GitHub connector. Extract the downloaded zip to a folder.
- Unzip the archive under C:* or /opt*.
In Linux, make sure that necessary permissions have been provided to the folder /opt by using the CHMOD command for writing log files and executing jar files.
- Configure the githubconnector.yml file which includes Github properties and SearchBlox properties as listed in the following:
User Name in GitHub
Password in GitHub
Data Folder where the data needs to be stored. Make sure it has write permission.
SearchBlox API Key
The name of the custom collection in SearchBlox.
If public repos are to be indexed give the value as true otherwise false.
repos to exclude.
User repos to include.
Organization repos to include.
Files not to be indexed from GitHub.
File formats to exclude in GitHub.
Folders to exclude in GitHub.
Maximum size of static folder after which it should be sweeped in MB.
servlet url & delete-api-url:
Make sure that the port number is right. If your SearchBlox runs in 8080 port the URLs should be right.
Please give relevant details based on your requirement. Also please make sure to use code editor tool (for example notepad++) while editing yml file.
- The content details of githubconnector.yml are provided here:
#User credentials username: gauthamiv password: 1at08cs112 #Data Folder where the data needs to be stored Make sure it has write permission data-directory: E:\GoWorkspace\searchblox\src\sbgoclient\examples\gitHubConnector #SearchBlox API Key api-key: 03E2089E0E3D7580788B6E7DB3404305 #The name of the collection colname: github #SearchBlox URL url: http://localhost:8080/searchblox/rest/v2/api/ #github url githuburl: https://api.github.com #Public repo public-repos: false #Repos to exclue exclude-repo: ["grit","merb-core","rubinius"] #User repos to include include-users:  #Organization repos to include include-orgs:  #The Excluded Files wont be indexed exclude-files: [.gitignore,LICENSE,README.md,.travis.yml,NOTICE,TODO,VERSION,COMMIT_EDITMSG,FETCH_HEAD,HEAD,ORIG_HEAD] #The Excluded formats wont be indexed exclude-formats: [.pem,.key,.gif,.lib,.pdb,.dll,.sh] #The Excluded folders wont be indexed. Note:no trailing or leading slashes Eg: test/searchblox #exclude-folders: [Data Dictionary,Guest Home,Imap Attachments,IMAP Home,User Homes,Shared,swsdp] servlet-url: http://localhost:8080/searchblox/servlet/SearchServlet #maximum size of static folder aftre which it should be sweeped in MB max-folder-size: 2 delete-api-url: http://localhost:8080/searchblox/api/rest/docdelete
- Start running the gitHubConnector.exe file for Windows and ./gitHubConnectorLinux32 or ./gitHubConnectorLinux64 in Linux
Updated almost 2 years ago