A Twitter collection can be created using the steps below:
- After logging in to the Admin Console, click on the Add Collection button. The Add Collection screen will be displayed.
- Enter a unique name for your collection.
- Click on the Twitter collection radio button.
- Click Add to create the collection.
The Settings sub-tab holds collection settings for Twitter and tunable parameters for the search. Twitter setting values must be set explicitly by the user for Twitter collections. SearchBlox also comes pre-configured with parameters when a new collection is created.
API key from Twitter API.
API secret key from Twitter API.
Access token from Twitter API.
Access Token Secret
Access token secret from Twitter API.
Select stream type as Sample, Firehose or Filter
Sample — Returns a small random sample of all public statuses.
Firehose — Returns all public statuses. Few applications require this level of access.
Filter — Returns public statuses that match one or more filter predicates, such as text (filter with tracks), users (filter follow) and locations.
Filter with Tracks
Keywords to track. Phrases of keywords are specified by a comma-separated list.
A comma-separated list of user IDs, indicating which users to return statuses in the stream.
Filter with Location
Specifies a set of bounding boxes to track.
The keyword-in-context returns search results with the description displayed from content areas where the search term occurs.
Boost search terms for the collection by setting a value greater than 1 (maximum value 9999).
When stemming is enabled, inflected words are reduced to root form. For example, "running", "runs", and "ran" are the inflected form of "run".
When enabled, a spelling index is created at the end of the indexing process.
Starts the indexer for the selected collection.
Clears the current index for the selected collection.
- Indexer activity is controlled from the Index sub-tab in the collection. The current status of an indexer for a particular collection is indicated.
- In Twitter collections, indexing and clear operations can be performed only from the index sub-tab.
- Scheduling cannot be performed in Twitter.