- Download and install the SearchBlox Server for MacOS X.
- Open the folder where SearchBlox has been installed. By default, this will be /Applications/SearchBlox Server.
- Double-click on the file startSearchBlox.command. The SearchBlox Server will then start in a new window.
Java version 8 is required for running SearchBlox.
Download JDK 8 from Oracle Java.
- Go to http://localhost:8080/searchblox/admin/main.jsp in your browser, accept the license agreement.
- Give the username as admin
- You will receive a custom password the first time you log in, after you accept the license agreement (for versions 8.6.1 and later). Use the custom password to log in, then store or change the password for future logins.
- Go to the Collections tab and click on Add Collection to create a new collection.
- Choose whether it is an HTTP or FileSystem-based collection, assign a unique name and choose the language for this collection. Click Add to finish creating the collection.
- Under the Root sub-tab, type in the RootURL / Filepath and click OK.
- Go to the Indexer sub-tab and click the Index button to start indexing.
- To view indexing status, click on the DashBoard sub-tab under Collections.
- Go to http://localhost:8080/searchblox/search.jsp to start searching.
|Installing on Linux|